On managing the stability of food prices in low income countries
- World Bank/DFID Workshop on Managing Food Price Risks, Washington, Feb 28-March 1, 2005
- Agence Française de Développement/Fondation Farm conference on Prices and market risks: Farmers facing volatility, Paris, Nov 2009.
- Presenter/discussant at workshop on Price risk management of agricultural commodities in developing countries, organised by LAREFI, University of Bordeaux and AFD, Bordeaux, France, Dec 5, 2014.
On new approaches to the local & regional procurement of food aid commodities
- USAID Round Table on food commodity Management, August 2005
- First African Grain Summit, organised by East African Grain Council, Nairobi, Nov 2005
- World Food Programme Global Procurement conference, Rome, May 2007
On value-chain development and farmer cooperation
- keynote speaker at IFPRI/CIAT workshop on Collective Action in Marketing, Oct 2006
- FAO Expert Consultation on Commodity Chain Models and the Role of Small Farmers in Staple Crop Value Chains, Nov 2011
- Presenter at CTA/AFRACA Value-Chain conference, Nairobi, July 2014
- Presented Webinar on Appropriate Warehousing and Collateral Management in SSA, for the Rural Agricultural Financing and Investment Technical Network (RAFI-TN), Rome, Nov 18, 2015 and for Making Finance Work for Africa IFAD-PARM, Dec 2, 2015.
On improving the financing of agricultural trade
- United Nations (UNCTAD and FAO): various events since 1992, including lead presenter at UNCTAD/COMESA workshop on Warehouse Receipt Systems and Market-Based Interventions, Sept 30-2 Oct 2009
- Contribution to the UK Commission for Africa, 2004
- Provision of evidence to House of Commons International Development Committee, UK
Working in over 30 countries and known for his contributions to international policy and practitioner forums.